- JaneParticipantApril 11, 2018 at 5:06 pmPost count: 25
I just joined a tech start-up. Two departments have named themselves (Sales is “Treasure Hunters” and Marketing is “Department of Awesome and Wonder”). Now the department I’m in wants a name. I know we can do better than those two names. 🙂
Items to consider while thinking of a name:
- We’re the Customer Success department, and we handle customer relationship management, training, documentation, and support.
- One focus we have (among many) is ensuring high quality is applied to every customer interaction.
- We create a bridge for the customer to other departments (such as Implementation), and to understanding (i.e. training and supporting users as they use our software).
- The industry we’re in has to do with smart buildings and smart cities.
- I consulted two 11 year-olds for ideas, and they came up with: “Service of Greatness” and “The Ever-Greats.” Not bad.
So, I think anything around bridges, buildings, cities, service, quality is cool, but I am STUCK. I told my colleagues I knew just the place to come for help. 🙂
Thanks in advance!
- FrannyParticipantApril 16, 2018 at 11:10 pmPost count: 482
Those 11 yr olds are good! 🙂
The Happy Place
All Customer Successy & Stuff
- JaneParticipantApril 17, 2018 at 7:20 amPost count: 25
Thanks so much, Franny! Between you and the kids 😉 the ball is now rolling. I most ‘specially like The Customer Whisperers and the dual meaning of The Quality People.
On a side note, I’ve been thinking for a long time of finally buying a pair of cowboy boots, and I recently located a store that has a great reputation. I told someone just yesterday I’m going to make a purchase this weekend. So it was a fun synchronicity to see your reply this morning and notice your avatar. 🙂
- JaneParticipantApril 21, 2018 at 9:13 amPost count: 25
Nice! Or, Custom-more?
Using the current list, we also came up with The People’s Choice and The Glue That Holds It All Together.
We were supposed to discuss and vote on Thursday, but the VP didn’t come to the meeting! I’m eager to tell you the name that’s chosen. Hopefully week after next. So many good choices!
Thanks so much, everyone. I’ll give you an update when I have one.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.