Resolved
Viewing 4 reply threads
    • tessa-htessa-h
      Participant
      #4084 |

As a consultant to non-profits, human service agencies, and other community-based organizations, I plan to offer a variety of services. Some of those services will be strategic planning, research, program development and evaluation, board support and training, team building, etc.

My last/sir name is difficult to spell (it has 3 vowels in a row) so I don’t want to try incorporating that into my business name.

While I’m a social worker who wants people to feel safe and comfortable with all of my services, I don’t want a business name that sounds overly emotional or “zen”. On the flip side, I don’t want a business name that sounds like a Fortune 500 company, either. Is something in the middle too much to ask for?

Keymaster
      #4087 |

Middleground

Middlebury

MiddleWay

ThirdWay

Maximize

PlanetX

Tribe Knowledge

Diplomat

Exponent

Radar

Catalyst

Prevail

• FrannyFranny
      Participant
      #4098 |

One Mission

MissionBuild

Mission Ally

Building Momentum

GreenBridge

GoodQuotient

• chrischris
      Participant
      #4140 |

I think that this may be one of those cases where a good descriptor of what you should be an integral part of the thinking – ie, a name with a tagline attached.

You may have a concise description of what your business is already, but, for the sake of argument, let us suppose that it is ‘Social Enterprise Consulting’, then something like:

Anthill | Social Enterprise Consulting

might be appropriate, picking up on the ‘you as part of their team working together’ approach. My experience of community-based, NFP organisations is that they are quite team-driven, so a name that reflects this would have synergy with their organisational culture.

• tessa-htessa-h
      Participant
      #4174 |

Thank you everyone for your ideas! I really like the “social enterprise consulting” tagline idea, Chris.

I’ll take more ideas from anyone. Nothing is quite “gelling” for me yet.

Viewing 4 reply threads

The topic ‘Non-profit consultant needs a business name’ is closed to new replies.

Don't forget to try our famous Name Generators – like this one: