Resolved
    Participant
    #3967 |

I’m starting a small business that sells handmade leather items.

Basically I want something a that’s unique and supports the idea that every product we make is different. Our main products are handmade journals, business card holders, bags, and wallets. The name doesn’t necessarily have to be leather related, just something that sounds good. I’m open to words in different languages as I think there’s a ton of potential there.

I’m a graphic designer that specializes in branding by trade so I’m extremely excited to make a logo for this company. The only problem is I need a name first (a big problem at that). If you need more details feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance!

Keymaster
    #3969 |

Nightshade

Regalia

Sackcloth

Molecule

Garland

Parade

• FrannyFranny
    Participant
    #3970 |

Patina

Patinah

Jackelope

Solamente

Estrella

Schneeflocke

Blue Dragon

Panda Ant

Participant
    #3972 |

Thanks guys! So far my favorites are:

Molecule (have something else in mind for this one)

Solamente

Estrella

Love where the ideas are going. If you have more I’d be happy to see them!

• FrannyFranny
    Participant
    #3985 |

maybe in this instance a name can follow (be inspired by) design? since you’re a graphic designer, do you have anything in mind already for the logo? brand colors? personality? general concepts you’ve brainstormed? thanks…

Participant
    #3987 |

Nothing really visual has come up yet with the exception of a stitching needle. Normally I have a direction before the name, but I have a partner so I really want to consider what they want as well before jumping into it. All I know is so far I like the idea that we ‘bind’ our work together. More specifically I personally like ‘Bound’.

As far as colors we’re going towards earthtones as the packaging will most likely be based around something more natural looking (in terms of color and texture) like cardboard. Also exploring the possibility of using recycled resources for the packaging, just so it’s a bit more earth-friendly.

• FrannyFranny
    Participant
    #4019 |

(Thanks for feedback. Here are a few more to ponder. Good luck!)

Naturalmente

Destino

Fuerza de Dos

Unidos

BoundTwo

TwoBind

Participant
    #4082 |

Thanks so much Franny! We’re both really fond of BoundTwo at the moment. I think I’m going to work on some hand lettering and we’ll see how it all works out. All really wonderful suggestions!

• FrannyFranny
    Participant
    #4083 |

You’re welcome! Hope it all works out.

• chrischris
    Participant
    #4125 |

FreeBound

The topic ‘Name for Leatherworking Company (journals, bags, etc.)’ is closed to new replies.