Resolved
Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Lynnsie32Lynnsie32
      Participant
      #3973 |

hi we are opening a community pop up cafe and our food will be inspired by the varied cultures in our community. We need a catchy name if possible?

thanks

Keymaster
      #3976 |

Pop World

Pangaea Pop

Popfresh

The Melting Pot

Melting Pop

PopMelt

Merge

Cultura

One World

New World

• FrannyFranny
      Participant
      #3983 |

Paz

Salud

Chow Now

Chow Up

ChowBrella

FoodieBrella

Foodsapien

World Eats

• quarkquark
      Participant
      #4000 |

This Day in Food

• Lynnsie32Lynnsie32
      Participant
      #4199 |

Thanks I like ‘Popfresh’ so far. The cafes will be the business that supports the projects we run to help men and women affected by abuse.

Can anyone think of a possible tag line to say something about that?

Keymaster
      #4200 |

I think you can tell your social story in the context of what you do without necessarily putting that in the tagline, which may turn people off from eating there. For instance, if you had a tagline like, “Popfresh Cafe | working to help the abused,” it may make people think the food’s not so good.

Popfresh | Food for the soul

Popfresh | Feed the spirit

Popfresh | Food for thought and action

Popfresh | Tasty food for social good

• FrannyFranny
      Participant
      #4212 |

nice taglines, snark. the bottom two are my favorites…speaking more directly to the cause-related aspect of eating at this cafe.

for or what it’s worth, here are a few that popped up. but I think snark’s top the list so far.

every bite helps

a tasty way to help

food with a mission

• JaneJane
      Participant
      #4227 |

I love the words and the rhythm of “Tasty food for social good” by itself, but when combined with Popfresh, “Every bite helps” is great.

Say the whole thing out loud: Popfresh | Every bite helps

“Every bite helps” also makes the buyer feel like s/he is taking some action, however small, with both the purchasing and the act of eating.

Keymaster
      #4229 |

Another winner, Jane — you’re on a roll! A few more:

Popfresh | Delivering Change Bit By Bite

Popfresh | The Taste of Change

Popfresh | The Taste of Things to Come

Popfresh | Take A Bite Out of Poverty

Popfresh | Tasty and Caring

• FrannyFranny
      Participant
      #4230 |

thx, Jane!  it was inspired by snark’s original list of tag lines…meant to be a small-play off “every bit helps”

• Lynnsie32Lynnsie32
      Participant
      #4240 |

Thanks so much everyone!

Jane I love short impacting words and descriptions so thanks for your tag line too!

I love Popfresh but can anyone give me a few more options on the name using words like flavour, taste? And it’s always about the eating experience that will pop up in your community!

Lynn

Keymaster
      #4356 |

Pop works because it is short, sweet, and has multiple meanings. If you do something with “flavor” or “taste,” that’s too obvious and generic, and reduces what you are all about to a mere commodity. After all, all foods are expected to have flavor and to taste good — you should never have to explain that in your name, or else it looks like you are trying to cover up the opposite: bland, tasteless food. The Four Seasons or French Laundry aren’t named Fancy Great Tasting Food or Luxury Food Flavor or anything of the sort. Demonstrate, don’t explain.

Viewing 11 reply threads

The topic ‘Name for community pop up cafe cooking fresh ingredients from different cultures’ is closed to new replies.

Don't forget to try our famous Name Generators – like this one: