Group Admins

• Profile picture of snark

Group Mods

• Profile picture of quark
  • Profile picture of chris

Restaurant Names

Public Group active 1 month, 1 week ago

If you need a name for your restaurant, cafe, bar, bistro, dining hall, automat, eatery, diner, slophouse, chowhouse, fast food joint, brasserie, desert bar, or pub — basically, if you go there to eat or drink, post your needs as a new Topic in the Forum for this Group.

More: try Wordlab’s Restaurant / Bar Name Generator.

Name for Ice-cream parlour (7 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Profile picture of ice-cream guy ice-cream guy said 2 years ago ago:

Hi… I am starting a ice cream parlour to sell softie ice creams, from one of those italian vending machines… Looking for a good name and a small tag line please..

A few names that I stumbled upon were:
    - Softy Scoops
    - Treats

Thanks guys!!!

• Profile picture of Scott Johnson Scott Johnson1p said 2 years ago ago:

Ice-cream guy,

I have a few questions:

Are you purchasing a vending machine where customers put money in before product comes out or are you purchasing a machine which makes and dispenses ice cream?

How many different flavors will you offer?

Thank you for the additional information. If you can post a link showing the type of ice cream machine you’re referring to, that could help.

Where will you product be sold? Enclosed mall? Strip mall? Free-standing building? Other?

Hey Scott… Thanks for taking interest.. love the way you have asked these questions…

- Not exactly a “vending” machine… We will have a guy to make and dispense the ice-creams.. Here is the pic of the machine…

http://static.multipino.pl/photoOffer/p/417504_p.jpg

- We will only have vanilla and one other flavour (mostly chocolate) as the base flavor, which will be extended with toppings like hot choc, gems, wafers, syrups, fruits, nuts, etc.

- The product will be sold in a 200 square foot place, at the junction of a national highway, where there are a series of 6 shops.. out of which 1 is our ice cream shop…

- It is a free standing building, overlooking a crowded junction of a national highway, in the heart of the city.

Basically, I am running a web design firm and felt like doing something different side by side and nose dived into the idea of running an ice cream shop ! :-)

Will the guest add her own toppings and you’ll calculate the final cost by weight or will you have a specific amount for each topping?

We will have fixed menu items for which we plan to have a preset ingredients for the toppings, etc… Neither will the guests have the option to choose toppings nor will this be weighed …. It will be each individual item based menu

Say, we will have a menu of 50-100 items…

The hottest concept going in the frozen yogurt (froyo) or ice cream segment in my area is the customer selects a medium or large ice cream cup, they then choose from 12 to 20 frozen flavors and dispense it themselves, move on to toppings bar (20 + toppings to choose from) and then move on to a store associate who weighs the item and takes their money. Some of these are so popular there are regularly lines out the door! At most of the local shops where they are doing this concept the price per ounce is in the 42 to 49 cent range. People love this concept, They get what they want in the combinations and quantities. There’s very low labor costs with this concept, too. (Cashier and someone to restock the toppings bar, when needed)

I’m not sure if you have this concept where you are or not, Here’s a website from a froyo chain which has 6 or so stores in my local market:

http://www.orangeleafyogurt.com

if you’re not familiar with them, try Google Images and enter their name to get close-ups of their topping bar.

What ever your concept ultimately becomes and because your selling frozen treats and toppings, I would choose a name like:

Frotopo (FRO-TOE-POE}

The domain is available and would have favorable SEO results.

A plain dish of ice cream could be called….ready for this……notopo. Ok, pretty corny!

Ice cream and yogurt should be fun.

You may hate the name….I know it’s a little out there but it rolls off the tongue. I would love your genuine feedback. Are you thinking of a more straightforward name. Ice Cream Stop, Toppy;s Ice Cream, etc.?

Best of luck to you and If I think of others, I will post.